Life’s a team sport. Who are you playing with?
But now I know: I can accomplish more when I acknowledge I’m part of a team and when I accept the amazing gifts they have to offer.
My team cheers me on, believes in me, encourages me to grow — sometimes even pushes me off that cliff so I can soar — and always offers different perspectives and ideas.
Who’s on your team? A team can include a partner, your family, your friends, your co-workers. A team also includes the groups and individuals you choose to spend time with. Your team plays a key role in your success, and can add to and multiply your energy, motivation and ability. Your team can also limit your growth.
Here are some of my team members:
• My husband, Steve. He believes in me, even when I don’t believe in myself.
• My sister and best friend, Anne.
• My mother-in-law, Kate. She keeps me and my goals in her dream box.
• You. Your encouragement and feedback keep me coming back to the keyboard to share my thoughts on the adventure and journey to a healthy weight.
• My Weight Watchers family. Members and staff walk the same path with me. We encourage and support each other every week.
• and there are so many others that make the journey easier and more enjoyable.
Now take a look at your team. Who’s helping you reach your goals? Who’s stopping you from moving forward? And what supports do you need to take the next step?
Shawndra Holmberg is an employee trainer at HMSA, and writes about small things we can all do to live a healthier lifestyle. Shawndra believes weight loss is a journey not a destination. Like any journey, weight loss has switchbacks, reduced speed zones, blind curves ahead, and a few fast lanes (yes, even on the Big Island). She also believes that a successful journey begins with small steps. Connect with Shawndra on Facebook or check out her blog.